We often get asked which tools and services we use in our marketing campaigns. We happen to love transparency and would like to enable others to excel in their marketing efforts. Below we’ve listed some of our favorite products (both free and paid with affiliate links if they have an affiliate program). We are constantly finding new products and changing our methods so we’ll do our best to stay on top of things. If you have a tool that you think we’re missing out on we’d love to hear from you!
- Sendy.co – Simple, affordable, email marketing. Sendy is self-hosted, lightweight and takes advantage of Amazon’s email servers. Not for beginners but if you are comfortable installing and running scripts on your server Sendy can save you a LOT of money over time.
- MailChimp – About as good as it gets with email marketing. They have things down to a science. From the easy to navigate UI to the packaged templates and low costs, you can’t really go wrong here!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- WordPress SEO Plugin – Simply the best plugin for optimizing your WordPress site for SEO. The free plugin is incredibly powerful but Yoast also recently added a premium version that is absolutely worth looking at.
- nTopic – On site optimization at it’s best. Analyze your page and site content and forecast how your site will rank in major search engines. No more guessing games!
- Moz Pro – Quite simply the best suite of tools for keyword research, competitive analysis and just all things SEO – A great premium service with an incredible community.
- SiteGround – Our preferred shared hosting provider. Excellent customer service and great prices. The love the WordPress community!
- DigitalOcean – Our new best friend for hosting simple projects and apps. SSD virtual private servers. Extremely fast set up times and incredible tech support. These guys are on the rise and offer an incredible product. Did we mention they are FAST FAST FAST?
- WPEngine Managed WordPress Hosting – The best, fastest WordPress hosting provider we’ve used (and we’ve tried a LOT). WPEngine offers a managed solution, free migrations and their servers are fully optimized for WordPress websites!
- Genesis Framework – As good as it gets for a WordPress framework. Very fast, very customizable and optimized for SEO and social sharing. We started using Genesis about 4 years ago and never looked back.
- Gravity Forms – Forms made easy. Highly customizable with a robust set of integrations. Stop relying on poorly made web forms and upgrade to Gravity Forms today!
- Display Widgets – Easily control placement of widgets throughout your website. Incredibly useful plugin that we use daily.
- Google Analytics for WordPress – This plugin makes it simple to add Google Analytics to your WordPress blog, adding lots of features, eg. custom variables and automatic outbound click and download tracking.
- InfiniteWP – Remote management for WordPress sites. Keep track of updates, backups and themes from a single location.
- Rich Contact Widget – A simple contact widget enhanced with microdata & microformat tags. Great for local SEO.
- Kraken – Ultra-fast image optimizer and compressor with best-in-class algorithms. We save an average of 40% on our images here on the site, that means SPEED
- Simple URLs – Simple URLs is a complete URL management system that allows you create, manage, and track outbound links from your site by using custom post types and 301 redirects.
- MaxCDN – Super-Charge your website with the MaxCDN Content Delivery Network. One of the most affordable and fastest CDN services on the market.
Social Media Marketing
- Oktopost – Hands down, the best Social Media scheduling tool available. Plan, edit and optimize your publishing and posting calendar with ease. They even provide a handy browser extension to queue content directly from other websites.
- Sprout Social – The best social media marketing tool on the market. Incredible management and reporting suite for all of your social media needs.
- TweetDeck – Great utility for staying on top of multiple Twitter accounts. Read some of our tips for growing your audience with TweetDeck.
- BuzzSumo – Analyze what content performs best for any topic or competitor. Great content creation utility for social sharing.
- RiteTag – Research and analyze hashtags to increase the reach of your social media content. This tool makes it incredibly easy to grow your audience.
- Wistia – By far the best video hosting/embedding platform out there. Excellent SEO benefits as well. The Wistia team may offer the best customer service experience we’ve ever received.
- Recordit – Record screenshots easily and quickly. Also has GIF support which makes this an excellent addition to any content marketing stack.
- Zapier – Incredibly versatile automation tool. Zapier connects the web apps you use to easily move your data and automate tedious tasks.
- Slack – Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams. Check out our review in our collaborative tools article.
Share with others!
If you’re looking for ways to apply these apps, services and tools check out our new marketing guides section on the blog!